Hi JU,

the job creates an OpenIntObjectHashMap<Vector> holding the feature
vectors as DenseVectors. In one map-job, it is filled with the
user-feature vectors, in the next one with the item feature vectors.

I used 4 gigabytes for a dataset with  1.8M users (using 20 features),
so I guess that 2-3gig should be enough for your dataset.

I used these settings:

mapred.job.reuse.jvm.num.tasks=-1
mapred.tasktracker.map.tasks.maximum=1
mapred.child.java.opts=-Xmx4096m