I have retail data but can't publish results from it. If I could get a public
sample I'd share how the technique worked out.

Not sure how to simulate this data. It has the important characteristic that
every purchase is also a view but not the other way around and Ted's technique
is a way to scrub the views that don't lead to purchases. All these are
implicit preferences but that's not the important part for this technique.