That looks like the best shortcut. It is one of the few places where the rows
of one and the columns of the other are seen together. Now I know why you
transpose the first input :-)

But, I have begun to wonder whether it is the right thing to do for a cross
recommender because you are comparing a purchase vector to all view
vectors--like comparing Honey Crisp to Cameo (couldn't resist an apples to
apples joke). Co-occurrence makes sense but does cosine or log-likelihood?
Maybe...

On Apr 11, 2013, at 10:49 AM, Sebastian Schelter <s...@apache.org> wrote:

> Do I have to create a SimilarityJob( matrixB, matrixA, similarityType
) to get this or have I missed something already in Mahout?

It could be worth to investigate whether MatrixMultiplicationJob could
be extended to compute similarities instead of dot products.

Best,
Sebastian