Well, you are still stuck with the problem that pulling more bits out of
the small count data is a bad idea.

Most of the models that I am partial to never even honestly estimate
probabilities.  They just include or exclude features and then weight rare
features higher than common.

This is easy to do across days and very easy to have different days
contribute differently.