Hi everyone,

Sorry if I duplicate the question but I've been looking for an answer and I
haven't found an explanation other than it's not being used (together with
some other algorithms). If it's been discussed in depth before maybe you
can point me to some link with the discussion.

I have successfully used Lanczos in several projects and it's been a
surprise to me finding that the main reason (according to what I've read
that might not be the full story) is that it's not being used. At the
begining I supposed it was because SSVD is supposed to be much faster with
similar results, but after making some tests I have found that running
times are similar or even worse than lanczos for some configurations (I
have tried several combinations of parameters, given child processes enough
memory, etc. and had no success in running SSVD at least in 3/4 of time
Lanczos runs, thouh they might be some combinations of parameters I have
still not tried). It seems to be quite tricky to find a good combination of
parameters for SSVD and I have seen also a precision loss in some examples
that makes me not confident in migrating Lanczos to SSVD from now on (How
far can I trust results from a combination of parameters that runs in
significant less time, or at least a good time?).

Can someone convince me that SSVD is actually a better option than Lanczos?
(I'm totally willing to be convinced... :) )

Thank you very much in advance.

Fernando.