I tried to run SparseVectorsFromSequenceFiles, specifying a directory with
sequence files, and I got the following error:

java.lang.Exception: java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Found interface
org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.Counter, but class was expected

Here is a relevant snippet of my pom file for maven:

<dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.mahout</groupId>
      <artifactId>mahout-core</artifactId>
      <version>0.8</version>
      <type>jar</type>
      <exclusions>
        <exclusion>
          <artifactId>hadoop-core</artifactId>
          <groupId>org.apache.hadoop</groupId>
        </exclusion>
      </exclusions>
</dependency>
<dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.mahout</groupId>
      <artifactId>mahout-integration</artifactId>
      <version>0.8</version>
      <type>jar</type>
      <exclusions>
        <exclusion>
          <artifactId>hadoop-core</artifactId>
          <groupId>org.apache.hadoop</groupId>
        </exclusion>
      </exclusions>
</dependency>
<dependency>
        <groupId>org.apache.hadoop</groupId>
        <artifactId>hadoop-client</artifactId>
        <version>2.2.0</version>
</dependency>

How do I change this to use the correct version(s) of mahout/hadoop?

Thanks!