TSP is generally solved using a number of heuristics guiding a randomized
search.  Mahout has essentially no provision for helping with this.

If you want a quick and dirty solution, I would recommend something like an
evolutionary algorithm in which you have segments that self-assemble or
split with the parameters controlling the assembly and splitting subject to
auto-mutation.

Conventional genetic algorithms should also work reasonably well, but you
will almost certainly have to include some auto-evolution.

Mahout does have a directed-step evolutionary algorithm, but it is not
suitable for discrete problems such as TSP.