Thank you for the welcome!  Looking forward to it.

I have a math background and got started with recommenders by building the
first album recommender for Rhapsody ( http://rhapsody.com ) while I was
doing web development and web services work for the service.  Since then I
learned to love/hate Pig and Hadoop for a living, and now I do data
engineering and analytics at Accenture.

We've used Mahout on a few production projects, and we're looking forward
to more.

See you on the lists!

Best
Andrew