Hi, I've been trying to run spark-itemsimilarity against Hortonworks Sandbox
with Spark running in a VM, but have not succeeded yet.

Do I need to install mahout and run within a VM or is there a way to run
remotely against a VM where spark and hadoop are running?

I tried running a scala ItemSimilaritySuite test with some modifications
pointing hdfs and spark to sandbox but getting various errors the latest one
with ShuffleMapTask getting hdfs block missing exception trying to read an
input file that I uploaded to the hdfs cluster.

The information contained in this electronic transmission is intended only for
the use of the recipient and may be confidential and privileged. Unauthorized
use, disclosure, or reproduction is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If
you have received this electronic transmission in error, please notify the
sender immediately.