Hi all,
I am new to mahout but I work with recommender systems, I have just tried
to implement a simple user-based recommender:

DataModel dm = new FileDataModel(new File("data/ratings.dat"));

UserSimilarity similarity = new PearsonCorrelationSimilarity(dm);

UserNeighborhood neighborhood = new
ThresholdUserNeighborhood(0.1,similarity, dm);

UserBasedRecommender r = new GenericUserBasedRecommender(dm, neighborhood,
similarity);

I would like to compare the results of this recommender with another I
implemented using another technology. The only differences between the two
algorithms is the way I choose neighbors; since I am not very fluent in
Java, instead of implementing the second algorithm in mahout, I would like
to manually specify the neighbors for each user, is this possible? Which is
the easiest way to provide an alternative user-user similarity matrix
(computed using my algorithm)?

Just to recap: I want to use GenericUserBasedRecommender but providing an
alternative users similarity matrix, without reimplementing my similarity
algorithm in Java. Basically if I could import the similarities from a text
file it would be great, but other methods are fine as well.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Eugenio Tacchini