Ok, thanks, I misunderstood where the SSL error was coming from.  The Solr
connection is what is complaining.  Do you see "Connection working" for
your output connection?  Please forgive me if you already answered this; I
didn't note it in your response.  If you see that, then the connector was
able to talk to your Solr "ping" handler, which would mean that the SSL
configuration is right but there's something else about the connection that
we would have to figure out and deal with.

Karl