Hi Julien,
You must understand that a job with a complex pipeline is really not
running N independent jobs; it's running ONE job.  Every document is
processed through the pipeline only once.  The pipeline may have faster
components and slower components; doesn't matter; the document takes the
sum total of the time all components need to fetch and process the document.

Karl