Hi,

Mcf currently requires jdk8.  Jdk11 is non trivial to support because of
the removal of many jdk classes connectors need.  It will be ported at some
point but not lightly.

Similarly, disabling SSL would certainly break many installations upon
upgrade  and we do not do that lightly.

The core methods that mcf supplies its connectors should therefore be
updated to support but not mandate tls.  The protocol specification one
gives to sslcontext is not a detailed one but rather a major version.  What
I don't know is whether"tlsv1" also allows for older protocols etc.

Karl