Hi, Jorn.

Jörn Franke wrote:
>Maybe use SHA-256 or later. SHA-1 is obsolete and one never knows when it will
>be removed from JDK.

SHA-1 is used in the ManifoldCF existent class.
(org.apache.manifoldcf.core.system.ManifoldCF)
If "SHA" is replaced "SHA-256" in this class,
the default algorism is updated entirely.
I've just followed the standard of ManifoldCF.
I also think SHA-256 or later is better.

Why the current ManifoldCF use SHA-1?
This case may have to use SHA-1 depending on the reason.
If the reason is only the compatibility,
I can re-design the method ManifoldCF.hash(),
to add the argument which indicates the algorism.

----
Nintendo, Co., Ltd.
Product Technology Dept.
Takashi SHIRAI