I have now updated (I think) everything that this patch actually has, save
for one deprecated field substitution (the "types" field is now the "doc_"
field).  I would like to know more about this.  Does the "types" field no
longer work?  Should we send both, in order to be sure that the connector
works with most versions of ElasticSearch?  Please help clarify so that I
can finish this off.

The changes are committed to trunk; I would be very appreciative if  Shirai
Takashi/ 白井隆 reviewed them there.Thanks!
Karl