I see the following messages in the job-tracker logs which probably explain
why the task-trackers are sticking around:

2013-09-27 03:39:58,808 WARN org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MesosScheduler:
Ignoring TaskTracker: http://vm282.dev.xxx:31001 because it might not have
sent a hearbeat
2013-09-27 03:39:58,808 WARN org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MesosScheduler:
Ignoring TaskTracker: http://vm282.dev.xxx:31000 because it might not have
sent a hearbeat
2013-09-27 03:39:58,809 WARN org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MesosScheduler:
Ignoring TaskTracker: http://vm282.dev.xxx:31001 because it might not have
sent a hearbeat
2013-09-27 03:39:58,809 WARN org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MesosScheduler:
Ignoring TaskTracker: http://vm282.dev.xxx:31000 because it might not have
sent a hearbeat

The source for MesosScheduler.java that is bundled with 0.13 looks quite a
bit different than the version that is currently on git.

--
Thanks,
Paul