Hi,

I am running a job on few machines in my Linux cluster. Each machine is an
Intel 8 core (with 32 threads). I see a total of 32 CPUs in /etc/cpuinfo
and within mesos web interface. When I launch a job using mesos, I see that
all CPUs are used equally and not just the number of CPUs I specify for
that task.

Furthermore, I also see that the average per task running time within a
single machine, with 5 tasks/machine is 1/2 as much as that with 10
tasks/machine. Within mesos, each task has 1 CPU assigned and it is
completely CPU bound (no dataset, no file access). As per mesos, the 5
tasks job uses 5 CPUs while the 10 task job uses 10 CPUs (so average task
run times should be same unlike what I am seeing). Also, when I monitor CPU
utilization, I see that all CPUs are used equally.  I am really confused.
Is this how mesos/container isolation is supposed to work?

Thanks,
Asim