I've not seen any issues pertaining to running many short lived frameworks,
but that's not near the number of frameworks you'd see if each job was a
framework.

We've been pushing all our work on MRv1 High Availability JT upstream on
the github.com/mesos/hadoop repo, though there hasn't been much to it.

There's some outstanding work in regards to framework failover that needs
to be done (there's an issue on GH for this, right now if the JT fails over
the mesos framework will re-register and all task trackers relaunched
meaning running jobs restart from the beginning) and a couple of small bugs
we've found in relation to memory limits that we haven't debugged.

Maxime, it'd be cool to hear more about how possible it would be to do port
the MRv2 framework equivalent to Mesos. I'm not very familiar with the
internals of YARN itself.

Tom.