I'm not sure if this is something already supported by mesos, and if so
it'd be great if someone could point me in the right direction.

Is there a way of asking a slave to garbage collect old executors manually?

Maybe i'm misunderstanding things, but as each executor does (insert
knowledge gap) mesos works out how long it is able to keep the sandbox for
and schedules it for garbage collection appropriately, also taking into
account the command line

The disk on one of my slaves is getting quite full (98%) and i'm curious
how mesos is going to behave in this situation. Should it start clearing
things up, given a task could launch that needs to use an amount of disk
space, but that disk is being eaten up by old executor sandboxes.

It may be worth noting i'm not specifying --gc_delay on any slave right
now, perhaps I should be?

Any input would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Tom.