Hey everyone,

Thought it would be worth sharing this on the mailing list. We've recently
open sourced a Mesos framework called Portainer, which is for *building*
docker containers on top of your cluster.

It is in working order, though very early stage... It supports all
*Dockerfile* instructions (including *ADD*) and can build multiple images
in parallel. It's written entirely in Python, and is also built upon the
Pesos python framework API @wickman, @nekto0n and I have been working on,
so there's no need to install libmesos to use the framework.

I ended up trying out the idea because we've had a painful experience
managing dedicated infrastructure for building all of our images, which I'm
sure some of you can empathise with, and figured we could leverage the
spare capacity on our new Mesos cluster to cut that out entirely.

We'd love any feedback or suggestions, as well as any contributions!
Looking forward to hearing what you all think. :-)

Side note... It would be great if there were a place we could list all of
the known frameworks for users to explore, maybe this already exists?

Cheers,

Tom (and the rest of the infra team at DueDil).