Mesos 0.23.0, Spark 1.4.1, I’m using binary
spark-assembly-1.4.1-hadoop2.6.0.jar executor placed in S3.

Every client machine has next lines in spark-env.sh:

export MESOS_NATIVE_JAVA_LIBRARY=/usr/lib/libmesos.so
export SPARK_EXECUTOR_URI=https://<S3 Path>/spark-1.4.1-bin-hadoop2.6.tgz
export MASTER=mesos://zk://<zookeeper hosts>/mesos

export SPARK_PUBLIC_DNS=<client machine EC2 public DNS name>

--
Anton Kirillov