There are 2 things:

 - Akka remote in 2.3.x does not support advertising hostname / port different
to what it binds to
 - All other services: file server, broadcast server, repl class server do not
support advertising hostnames / ports different than what they bind to

Just to expand on the previous one, we are in the process of contributing the
following bits:

 - akka-remote bind-hostname and bind-port backport to akka 2.3.x (not the
typesafe closed support implementation, our own implementation)
 - spark patches for spark 1.4.0+ which enable running Spark on Mesos in Docker
Bridge networking

Unfortunately, due to the nature of how my employer operates I can’t share the
code yet. We are working with our legal team to make these available asap.

We do run this stuff in production.

Kind regards,

Radek Gruchalski

ra...@gruchalski.com (mailto:ra...@gruchalski.com)

(mailto:ra...@gruchalski.com)
de.linkedin.com/in/radgruchalski/ (http://de.linkedin.com/in/radgruchalski/)

Confidentiality:
This communication is intended for the above-named person and may be
confidential and/or legally privileged.
If it has come to you in error you must take no action based on it, nor must
you copy or show it to anyone; please delete/destroy and inform the sender
immediately.