One problem with implementing something like vMotion for Mesos is to
address seamless movement of network connectivity as well. This effectively
requires moving the IP address of the container across hosts. If the
container shares host network stack, this won't be possible since this
would imply moving the host IP address from one host to another. When a
container has its network namespace, attached to the host, using a bridge,
moving across L2 segments might be a possibility. To move across L3
segments you will need some form of overlay (VxLAN maybe ?) .

--
Avinash Sridharan, Mesosphere
+1 (323) 702 5245