Von: Avinash Sridharan [mailto:avin...@mesosphere.io]
Gesendet: Freitag, 19. Februar 2016 05:48
An: user@mesos.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Feature request: move in-flight containers w/o stopping them

One problem with implementing something like vMotion for Mesos is to address
seamless movement of network connectivity as well. This effectively requires
moving the IP address of the container across hosts. If the container shares
host network stack, this won't be possible since this would imply moving the
host IP address from one host to another. When a container has its network
namespace, attached to the host, using a bridge, moving across L2 segments
might be a possibility. To move across L3 segments you will need some form of
overlay (VxLAN maybe ?) .

On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 7:34 PM, Jay Taylor <outtat...@gmail.com