Hi, @Paul. Mesos support recovery well when your server crash. For Mesos
Master, I suggest to set up multiple masters with zookeeper, so that the
Mesos cluster would not be affected after some of Mesos Master down. For
Mesos Agent, it would recover tasks information after restart.

About backup, I am not clear about your idea here. Do you mean backup to
snapshots in every interval and recover to any timepoint? If you mean this,
Mesos doesn't support this yet.

--
Best Regards,
Haosdent Huang