I am using private docker registry (https://docs.docker.com/registry/).
In my case I can pull image from local repository installed on node
master-1 (master-1:5000/marathon-lb):
 "image": "master-1:5000/marathon-lb"

If you don't have private registry, you have to pull image from the docker
hub (mesosphere/marathon-lb):
 "image": "mesosphere/marathon-lb"

Basically, for many reasons I want all my images to be hosted locally.