Hi,
thanks for your idea and design doc!
Just a few thoughts:
a) The scheduling part would be implemented in a framework scheduler and
not the Mesos Core, or?
b) As mentioned by James, this needs to be very flexible (and not
necessarily based on network structure), afaik people are using labels on
the agents to identify different fault domains which can then be
interpreted by framework scheduler. Maybe it would make sense (instead of
identifying the network structure) to come up with a common label naming
scheme which can be understood by all/different frameworks.

Looking forward to your thoughts on this!