Multiple Kafka brokers will help a lot. The wizard allows you too add more by
using the plus symbol next to Kafka on the master selection screen. After the
fact you can add more with the add service button on the hosts screen in ambari.

When adding brokers, don't forget to also alter your topics to have more
partitions to make use of those brokers. Out of the box the default is a pretty
useless 1. You should have at least as many partitions as you have disk
spindles for kafka.

For pulling data from remote sites into metron I would suggest something like
apache NiFi, using NiFi site to site to a NiFi collocated with your metron.
That would then just write to kafka. So you can think of NiFi as being a bit
like an agent or a forwarder.

Good luck!

Simon

Sent from my iPhone