You shouldn’t need ansible for the full-dev build, but you will need maven,
docker and an up-to-date nodejs and npm package to do the actual build. I would
recommend against using the OS provided nodejs and go with the packages from
nodesource instead.

The full-dev build is also the best starting point if you’re looking for an
environment to test extensions or contributions to the platform, though I would
make sure you give it plenty of RAM (16GB is a good starting point for the VM I
find, so you may need to adjust the Vagrantfile).

In a ‘real’ environment, the best way to install is through the Mpack method on
an existing Ambari install. I would not recommend using ansible at all. It is
extremely sensitive to ansible version number and very brittle as a result
because ansible apis keep changing from build to build.

Simon