You will need docker to be installed.  In theory this should work across
any *nix distro, but the instructions provided are most thoroughly tested
on macOS endpoints so I always like to clarify.  I know in the past I had
some bumps with spinning it up on CentOS just due to lack of testing.

Can you run this[1] and report back with the output?  Thanks,

1:
https://github.com/apache/metron/blob/master/metron-deployment/scripts/platform-info.sh

Jon

On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 7:21 AM Pawel Bialasiewicz <pa...@evengx.com> wrote:

> Thank you for the answer Zeolla!
>
> As for now lets focus on the vagrant spin up.
>
> Correct me if I'm wrong: the vagrant full-dev install should work on any
> linux distro that has: Vagrant, Virtualbox, Ansible, git, Maven,
> vagrant-hostmanager.
>
> I'm have all of those things installed on a fresh install of Ubuntu 16
> LTS. And it still crashes with the output that I included in the Issue 1327.
>
> Pawel
>

> On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 1:11 PM, zeo...@gmail.com <zeo...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> It looks like you have two issues - one related to having java_home
>> unset, and one with an old version of npm.
>>
>> I would suggest focusing on the Vagrant spin-up, as it is the easiest to
>> get running.  Are you running this on a CentOS 6 machine, or are you
>> referring to the full-dev VM's CentOS 6 OS?  Also, you have noted that this
>> affects version 0.4.0, but the latest release is 0.4.1, is that accurate?
>> Have you retried the `vagrant up` after your npm upgrade and a npm` cache
>> clean`?
>>
>> Jon
>>
>> On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 7:01 AM Pawel Bialasiewicz <pa...@evengx.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>

>>> I have been trying to run Metron in many ways and all of the deployment
>>> methods failed:
>>>

>>> 1) Bare metal –-> [Issue 1320]
>>>
>>> 2) AWS –-> [Issue 1318]
>>>
>>> 3) Vagrant –-> [Issue 1327]
>>>

>>> So currently I'm out of options. All the deployments methods failed.
>>>

>>> Is the all of documentation outdated, or maybe I should use a more
>>> specific branch(other then master)?
>>>

>>> Can somebody confirm that it is currently possible to build
>>> metron-config? It fails for me in every deployment.
>>>

>>> Any help would be appreciated.
>>>
>> --
>>
>> Jon
>>

> --