*Simon:*

There are some errors from processing showing up in the indexing topic, but
no data is making it through without restarting Metron completely
(restarting just the indexing service doesn't seem to do it).

I don't have easy access to the Storm UI at the moment. I have a work
around to get the logs that I'm going to look at shortly.

I understand, but I didn't realize I had not pulled from a release until I
had already installed, and this is just a prototype cluster anyways. I'll
likely pull from an established release for the production deployment.

*Ryan:*

I actually found something interesting in the ambari-agent logs on the
Metron node. See the callstack below.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ambari_agent/PythonReflectiveExecutor.py",
line 59, in run_file
    imp.load_source('__main__', script)
  File
"/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/common-services/METRON/0.4.3/package/scripts/indexing_master.py",
line 18, in <module>
    import requests
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/__init__.py", line 53, in
<module>
    from .packages.urllib3.contrib import pyopenssl
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/packages/__init__.py",
line 61, in load_module
    if name in sys.modules:
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'modules'

Perhaps there is a missing component that needs to be installed?