David - I also ran into this issue.  I had to manually install the correct
version (as Ryan mentioned), but I also had to restart the Ambari Agent
running on the node experiencing the problem.  Without restarting the
agent, the same issue would recur.  I suspect that is your problem.

yum install python2-pip -y
pip install requests
​ambari-agent restart​

On Tue, Feb 27, 2018 at 3:45 PM, David McGinnis <mcginn...@avalonconsult.com