That's a pretty out dated version, and sounds like you may have an old
version of HDP if you have the jmx error.

>From the info here, there are a lot of things it could potentially be. I
would suggest working through the stages piece by piece, and checking that
your parsers are producing valid messages (correct timestamp?) and check
what is going through the error and invalid topics.

Also worth turning up the logging in storm for the parser topologies for a
bit (via storm ui) on org.apache.metron.

Simon

On Fri, 17 Aug 2018 at 16:07, David McGinnis <mcginn...@avalonconsult.com>
wrote:

> All,
>
> We have a Metron 0.4.3 installation on an HDP cluster which has a sensor
> set up to read from a Kafka topic and write the data out to Elasticsearch.
> Data is being inserted into the Kafka topic, and we can read that through
> Kafka console consumer, but the system is not reporting any data coming
> through. The Storm spout says no data has been processed, and the index
> hasn't even been created in Elastic, despite running for nearly a month
> now.
>
> We've searched the worker logs for Storm, and the only error that comes up
> is a (we think) unrelated error about not being able to find the jmxmetrics
> JAR file. Metron reports that the topic is found, and does not tell us that
> the topic is not emitting, so we suspect it sees the data in there.
>
> Do you all have any ideas on where we can look to determine the cause of
> this issue, or things to try?
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> David McGinnis
> Staff Hadoop Consultant | Avalon Consulting, LLC
> <http://www.avalonconsult.com/>M: (513) 439-0082
> LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/company/avalon-consulting-llc> | Google+
> <http://www.google.com/+AvalonConsultingLLC> | Twitter
> <https://twitter.com/avalonconsult>

> This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information
> intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law.
> If
> you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message. Any
> disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any
> action based on it, is strictly prohibited.

simon elliston ball
@sireb