+ 1 to what Mike said.  Also, if you could attach any kafka logs that contain any error messages that would be helpful

03.09.2019, 08:42, "Michael Miklavcic" <michael.miklav...@gmail.com>:
Hi Hema,

A couple Q's for you to help narrow this down:
  1. How did you got about installing Kafka and the rest of your Hadoop cluster? Is it an HDP installation managed by Ambari?
  2. Please copy/paste the exact commands you're running to produce/consume messages to Kafka
  3. Full stack trace of any errors you encounter.
If you're using Ambari, this should be fully managed for you. It looks like you may have installed Kafka manually? e.g. https://kafka.apache.org/quickstart#quickstart_multibroker

Best,
Mike