( a couple of days ago I posted that I had problems compiling midgard-php4
using php4.0.6 with midgard 1.4.1, using FreeBSD 4.3   As recommended, I've
downloaded all the 1.4.2 source, and have started over with this) .

I'm now getting problems when running ./configure for mod_midgard-1.4.2
These look pretty similar to other postings people have made over the last
couple of days. I run configure as follows:-

./configure --with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs
--with-midgard=/usr/local/midgard
--with-midgard-config=/usr/local/midgard/bin/midgard-config
--with-expat=/usr/local/expat/lib --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql/bin

I get the output:-

loading cache ./config.cache
checking for midgard-config... /usr/local/midgard/bin/midgard-config
checking for a BSD compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
checking for static Apache module build... no
checking for apxs... /usr/local/apache/bin/apxs
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot
create executables.

(I get the same error message no matter how I tinker with the parameters,
it seems).
My config.log file is:

(See attached file: mod_midgard_config.log)

The conents of my /usr/local/midgard/lib are:-

-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  638012 Oct  1 18:08 libmidgard.a
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel     763 Oct  1 18:08 libmidgard.la
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel      15 Oct  1 18:08 libmidgard.so ->
libmidgard.so.5
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  212172 Oct  1 15:36 libmidgard.so.4
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  342389 Oct  1 18:08 libmidgard.so.5

The output of a "ldconfig -vr | grep mid" is:-

     search directories:
/usr/local/expat/lib:/usr/local/lib:/usr/lib:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/midgard/lib:/usr/local/midgard/bin:/usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql
     77:-lmidgard.4 => /usr/local/midgard/lib/libmidgard.so.4
     78:-lmidgard.5 => /usr/local/midgard/lib/libmidgard.so.5

Any ideas on what to try?

Jerry Bate

WTO patent rules are pushing the price of essential medicines out of the
reach of poor people.  Find out more and sign our on-line petition calling
for cheaper medicines on
http://www.oxfam.org.uk/e-campaigns/unclesam/uspetition.html?link=emf

Oxfam works with others to find lasting solutions to poverty and suffering.

Oxfam GB is a member of Oxfam International, a company limited by guarantee and 
registered in England No. 612172.
Registered office: 274 Banbury Road, Oxford OX2 7DZ.
Registered charity No. 202918.

Visit the web site at http://www.oxfam.org.uk

mod_midgard_config.log

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to