Hello,

I was playing around a bit with animal sniffer in order to improve JDK
depenendecies in my projects.

I was using a random project (which had in my case dependencies to
OSGI-core and JUnit). When I run animal snigger with java 1.5 or 1.6
signatures it will complain about org.junit.Assert.

Now I wonder how does animal sniffer actually detect what method/class
is part of the "signature" and should be checked (and rejected) and
what is part of a external dependency?

Or can it not differentiate between those?

[INFO] --- animal-sniffer-maven-plugin:1.10:check (default-cli) @
filtertest ---
[INFO] Checking unresolved references to
org.codehaus.mojo.signature:java15:1.0
[ERROR]
C:\ws\osgifiltertest\src\main\java\net\eckenfels\osgitest\FilterTestTest.java:11:
 Undefined reference: void org.junit.Assert.fail(String)
[INFO]

It mentions @IgnoreJRERequirement, but I suspect that annotation is not
to be used on all external classes?

Bernd