Hi Iain,

is the link inversion done with URL normalization/filtering.
That could potentially take long if there are many links
probably in combination with complex filters or long URLs
(which make the regex filter slow).

Filtering/normalization is on per default.
You have to disable it explicitly via:
% nutch invertlinks ... -noNormalize -noFilter

Best,
Sebastian