Thanks Sebastian -- I had not turned off filtering/normalization and did not
appreciate they could be a significant contribution.  I will give that a try.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sebastian Nagel [mailto:wastl.na...@googlemail.com]
Sent: Monday, February 2, 2015 11:32 AM
To: user@nutch.apache.org
Subject: Re: InvertLinks Performance Nutch 1.6

Hi Iain,

is the link inversion done with URL normalization/filtering.
That could potentially take long if there are many links probably in
combination with complex filters or long URLs (which make the regex filter
slow).

Filtering/normalization is on per default.
You have to disable it explicitly via:
% nutch invertlinks ... -noNormalize -noFilter

Best,
Sebastian