Hello Sol.

>*Hi,*
>
>*If someone would help me to get past this error that I get when I follow the
>nutch tutorial >then I will be very grateful and i will happily update the
>tutorial to be clearer and current.*
>
>   - *nutch:*
> org.apache.solr.common.SolrException:org.apache.solr.common.SolrException:
>   Could not load conf for core nutch: Can't load schema
>   /home/XXXXXX/apache-solr/solr-6.6.1/server/solr/nutch/conf/schema.xml:
>   Plugin init failure for [schema.xml] fieldType "text_general": Plugin init
>   failure for [schema.xml] analyzer/filter: Error instantiating class:
>   'org.apache.lucene.analysis.core.StopFilterFactory'
>
> I have googled and I see a number of references to this problem. It seems
> like there is some > compatibility issue between different versions of Solr.

Have you seen the message I just sent onto this list? It is about the same
problem, although I did not see the error message that you got.
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/nutch-user/201709.mbox/browser

> Rather than bang on it and make it work, I'd like to understand what versions
> the tutorial
> expects and how to make the tutorial work for my nutch 1.13/solr 6.6.1
> install in a clean way
> so that I can document it.

My installation refers to Solr 6.6.0 (maybe that is the reason why you see a
different error), but I am also not sure which tutorial you were following.
Meanwhile I found that
https://wiki.apache.org/nutch/NutchTutorial#Setup_Solr_for_search
here they say
"N.B. at time of writing this tutorial works with Solr 6.6.0"
but at the same time they do not list which version of Nutch was used.

The combination Nutch 1.13/Solr 6.6.0 does definitely not work as described in
the tutorial.

Hiran