Pull request #205 was recently merged into master branch for Nutch 1.x in
fulfillment of NUTCH-1129 "microdata for Nutch 1.x"

I am new to nutch and solr and have just started crawling and indexing a few
select websites. Using the built in html parsing/indexing, I am getting
searchable fields like url, content, host, sometimes a title, and a few other
indexing related fields like digest, boost, segment, and tstamp. That said, I
realized very quickly that I need better results. While exploring the source of
the website, I noticed references to schema.org and get excited by what I see.
That’s how I stumbled upon NUTCH-1129.

I’ve built apache-nutch-1.15-SNAPSHOT which includes Any23 parser/indexer.

Q: Now what?  How do I gain Any23 microdata parsing / indexing capabilities
introduced by NUTCH-1129?
Q: Do I replace parse-(html | tika)|index-(basic | anchor) in plugin.includes
with something like parse-(html | tika | any23)|index-(basic | anchor | any23)
Q: How do I expose the discovered microdata structure / items to end-user such
as Solr? For example, what are the microdata items and do I need to map them to
Solr in solrindex-mapping.xml?

I’d also be interested to learn how to point at a specific URL and see how
nutch sees the microdata (best case), then learn how to leverage this into
nutch and finally into solr.

Thanks for any guidance.
-David