Hi OfBiz Expert,

  We are currently doing our final year project and we decided to use OfBiz as
it is part of ASF and it seems to fit to our project. We did quite extensive
research on OfBiz and we knew that there will be a very high learning curve. I
think we are progressing (but quite slow) by making use of the freely available
OfBiz documentations. Our sponsor decided to purchase the Advanced Training
material from Undersun but it seems that Undersun may be running out of stock
on the DVD training (don't know exactly). Ok. that's enough for overview...

  My questions are:
  1. One of the best practice in OfBiz is to prototype using BeanShell. I have
been searching for documentation how to do this prototyping using OfBiz. We
have existing prototyping using PHP but we really want to use OfBiz as we'll be
learning the framework at the same time. Any sample documentation on this? Any
pointer on how to do it is really appreciated.

  2. We need to provide an access right control in which some screen may not
available for some users. In my previous j2ee web application (modified version
struts framework) we implemented this functionality by storing the access right
(read, read/write, no access) to modules and/or functions in a database table
and provided a custom tag with user and module/function IDs as parameters. The
decision to show/hide a particular module will be checked in either JSP/Command
class. Is there any existing functionality for such access control in OfBiz?
Any other recommended way of achieving this requirement?

  3. Looks like our sponsor have look at the SugarCRM module builder and likes
the module builder provided by SugarCRM. Is there any similar functionality on
OfBiz? may be not exactly the same but may be closer in terms of functionality.

  Please let me know if I should ask question 2 & 3 in a separate email for
easier tracking/searching.

  Thanks in advance.
  Mathius

 Check outnew cars at Yahoo! Autos.