I recently had a similar issue with the "converUom" service (when used by the getProductCost service) because, if the service cannot find a conversion coefficient then it returns an error: in my opinion this sistuation should not be handled with a service error, instead we should return a null/empty converted value: I mean that the output parameter of the convertUom service should be set to optional (now it is mandatory).
If it is ok I will commit this change (hopefully) soon.

What do you think?

Jacopo

Gurcharan Singh wrote:
Hello,

When we tried to receive shipment from against a PO we are getting the error
(details below). In a previous mailing <
http://www.nabble.com/error-when-receiving-a-shipment-tf3901102.html#a11059102>
David said - "That is just a parsing *error* and shouldn't have an effect on
operation. It is because we have an enumerated list in the XSD (which we
want to keep there) but we have a variable insertion in the file that isn't
a literal value in the enumeration. ". But we are seeing that the products
are not added to the inventory.

----------- ERROR LOG --------------------------

org.ofbiz.base.util.GeneralException: Error rendering screen
[component://warehouse/widget/warehouse/screens/inventory/InventoryScreens.xml#ReceiveInventoryAgainstPurchaseOrder]:
org.ofbiz.base.util.GeneralException: Error running BSH script at location
[component://warehouse/webapp/warehouse/WEB-INF/actions/inventory/ReceiveInventoryAgainstPurchaseOrder.bsh]:
org.ofbiz.base.util.GeneralException: Error running BSH script at
[component://warehouse/webapp/warehouse/WEB-INF/actions/inventory/ReceiveInventoryAgainstPurchaseOrder.bsh],
line [210]: Sourced file:
component://warehouse/webapp/warehouse/WEB-INF/actions/inventory/ReceiveInventoryAgainstPurchaseOrder.bsh
: Method Invocation delegator.findByCondition : at Line: 210 : in file:
component://warehouse/webapp/warehouse/WEB-INF/actions/inventory/ReceiveInventoryAgainstPurchaseOrder.bsh
: delegator .findByCondition ( "InventoryItem" , new EntityConditionList (
conditions , EntityOperator .AND ) , null , null )

Target exception: org.ofbiz.entity.transaction.GenericTransactionException:
The current transaction is marked for rollback, not beginning a new
transaction and aborting current operation; the rollbackOnly was caused by:
Error in simple-method [Convert UOM values
[file:/C:/ERPDev/opentaps/framework/common/script/org/ofbiz/common/CommonServices.xml#convertUom]]:
; [UOM Conversion Relationship Not Found]
(Sourced file:
component://warehouse/webapp/warehouse/WEB-INF/actions/inventory/ReceiveInventoryAgainstPurchaseOrder.bsh
: Method Invocation delegator.findByCondition) (Error running BSH script at

Regards,
Gurcharan