I have the same needs for duplicate checker and am happy to split the
workload.

Skip

-----Original Message-----
From: Jonathon -- Improov [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2007 7:30 AM
To: user@ofbiz.apache.org
Subject: Re: Link Party

Hmm. My very next project absolutely requires that. The duplicates don't
come from eCommerce, BUT
still... I'm not gonna prompt users about possible duplicates when they
enter data (want to
accelerate initial data entry effort).

I'll need a webtool for the admin (or other permitted parties) to
periodically reconcile duplicate
Party(s). Will be doing it soon.

Let me know what criteria should be checked? So far, I'm just thinking
"name, postal code,
birthdate, mobile phone number". Note that my application mandates the entry
of birthdate, not so
for ecommerce apps. Help me do something that is also usable by ecommerce
side?

Thanks.

Jonathon

Jacques Le Roux wrote:
> Yes this sounds interesting, to me at least. There is always plenty of
party duplicates coming from eCommerce.