This is totally up to the business running OFBiz. Obviously different businesses have different policies.

It wouldn't be too hard to change the ecommerce and order processing stuff to either not save CC info to the database at all, or to just remove the information after the initial authorization is complete.

I don't think you can do a re-auth without the CC info, that is usually considered a separate transaction anyway. Of course, if you ship things quickly and either rarely or never take backorders, then it shouldn't be needed.

All by company policy... there are endless combinations of these options and some are available through configuration options and some require small code changes, or add-in code or whatever.

OFBiz doesn't enforce or require any policy, but default settings are basically meant to represent the most common requirements we see, aka "best practices".

-David