I do have access, and yes I can see ofbiz
/etc/hosts:
127.0.0.1       localhost.localdomain   localhost

-----Original Message-----
From: BJ Freeman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, November 08, 2007 12:47 PM
To: user@ofbiz.apache.org
Subject: Re: i've seen this asked but not answered [UGH!]

first I am running ofbiz on same type of box
but I left the addresses as 0.0.0.0 instead of 127.0.0.1
if you have access to the box thru a local keyboard and monitor see if
you can see ofbiz.
then check your hostnames in the hosts (/etc/hosts)

127.0.0.1    localhost   (yourhostname)  localhost.localdomain
or
127.0.0.1    localhost   localhost.localdomain

Case Torres sent the following on 11/8/2007 12:34 PM:
> The error message I'm receiving when trying to connect to:
> https://10.142.53.10:8443/webtools/control/main
>
> "Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at 10.142.53.10:8443"
>
>>From my laptop (windows xp, ip=10.142.53.102) I can tracert and ping
> 10.142.53.10 (rhel4 w/ofbiz Release4.0 version:592149 running and
accessible
> via 127.0.0.1)
>
> The router is linksys: 10.142.53.1
>
> In the router firewall settings I have port forwarding enabled for https
> port range 8443~8443, ip address 10.142.53.10, protocol TCP.
>
> I did try setting https to "N" in the url.properties file(as one post
> suggested), restarting the ofbiz server and changing my firewall settings
> enable http port 8080, I get the same results.
>
> "Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at 10.142.53.10:8080"
>
> Any other ideas on what might be causing the problem? I need this up and
> running by tomorrow.
>
> Many TIA, Case

ofbiz_containers.xml