You have few issues here
Database size and Ofbiz scalability.
You also have the consideration of the CPU speed and amount of memory.
Users depends on what they are doing.

Remember that the DB is not doing much except Storing and retrieving data.
so thing like Store procedures is not considered. Though some jbc
drivers do create temporary stored procedures to deal with select
statements.
So putting the db on a separate server, is an option when you are
starting to see performance issues.

As far as Olap look at the work in specialpurpose\bi folder in the trunk
svn.

Brendan Vogt sent the following on 11/11/2007 12:43 AM: