if I understand you question, not all security permission are added
automatically, otherwise there would be no reason to have a granulated
permission scheme.
for how they are connected refer to
https://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/webtools/control/ViewRelations?entityName=SecurityGroup
if you look at
https://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/webtools/control/ArtifactInfo
and search for security you will see all the artifacts that are used.
Should give you a better idea on how they are implemented.

JohnBrown sent the following on 5/1/2008 10:44 AM: