Btw, I was thinking a recurring work effort would create child workefforts - that are related to the parent workeffort as a "Scheduled Interval" type. What do you think?

-Adrian

Adrian Crum wrote:
Cool. I'll get it working for the existing recurrence rules, then tackle new rule sets later.

-Adrian

David E Jones wrote:

Yes, I think so.

I've tried to encourage people to use re-usable entities like WorkEffort and RecurrenceInfo/Rule to implement these things over the years, and so there is some code in place for them. Even recently Bilgin did some work on this for "happy hour" promotions:

There is a bit of code already implemented to determine when a recurrence applies and such, but I know more work needs to be done. There are also certain fields on the RecurrenceRule entity that I'm not sure are really supported, along the lines of what you were asking about in the other thread for things like "the first Monday of each week at 2PM" and such.

-David