Hello Brijesh,

The entity FixedAssetDepMethod is used to assign the particular depreciation method to the asset. The code is like :- <FixedAssetDepMethod depreciationCustomMethodId="STR_LINE_DEP_FORMULA" fixedAssetId="DEMO_PROD_EQUIPMT_1"/>

Where the depreciation custom method(depreciationCustomMethodId) is defined in the :-

<CustomMethod customMethodId="STR_LINE_DEP_FORMULA" customMethodTypeId="DEPRECIATION_FORMULA" customMethodName="straightLineDepreciation" description="Straight Line depreciatiion algorithm for fixed asset((purchaseCost - salvageCost)/ expectedLifeInYears)"/>

And we defined a service(customMethodName) to calculate the depreciation the name is : -straightLineDepreciation (Formula : depreciation = (purchaseCost - salvageValue) / (expectedEndOfLife - dateAcquired)). There can be some other methods to calculate the depreciation.

Hence in last the whole calculation is done in this service and depreciation is returned on yearly basis. And the result is rendered on the next page. So this is the way the "Fixed Asset Depreciation Report" comes.

Sumit Pandit
HotWax Media