BJ, Thanks for the advice.  I took a look at the xml and it seems I'm doing
everything as instructed.  I also went through a business setup guided an did
step-by-step catalog/category setup.  I seems that in either case all the
subcategories get rolled up to the catalog (or rather browsing root) level.
Have you seen anything like that before?  I'm setting both parent category id
and the rollup to be safe :)..

Thanks,
Alex

>>> BJ Freeman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 8/25/2008 12:32 PM >>>

to get an idea of what you have to do, you can look the mini-language
for  dealing with categories. this is all taken care of if you use them.
applications\product\script\org\ofbiz\product\category

Alex Melnik sent the following on 8/25/2008 10:19 AM: